Monday, August 29, 2011

The Bleach Pen Strikes Again!


 



Can you see it?? I know it's really subtle, I had a hard time getting a picture. Having explored the stenciling method with fabric spray paint and then the free handed bleach pen method, I decided to combine techniques of the two and make a stenciled bleach pen shirt. I thought long and hard about what shirt to use but the winner was this long pale yellow t-shirt that I found at a thrift store a while ago. 




With nothing to break it up, it's just a little too long on me (and that's rare because I have a long torso) and so even though there's a lot to love about it (check out the cute accent in the back!), I never wear it. I just wasn't sure how to accessorize a shirt like that... Plus I loved that the bleach effect would be a subtle enhancement of the shirt. 

Step 1: I made a cardboard bow wear the shirt so the bleach wouldn't bleed through to the back. 
Step 2: I Decided where I wanted my pretty floral stencil to go. 
Step 3: I used the bleach pen to go over the stencil. 




Step 4: Once I got that far, I noticed the bleach at the endges of the stencil didn't have a clean look to them so i used the pen and free handed some doodles of leaves and flowers that matched the general scheme of the stencil. 




It didn't take long for the color to fade, this is a bit more time consuming a process than just free handing it altogether. You want to make sure you get all the little cracks so it doesn't just look like a shapeless- blob of a bleach stain on your shirt. 

Step 5: Rinse the bleach off the shirt and dry it.
Step 6: Rock it like it's hot :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely, tell me your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...