Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Boil

Happy Labor Day everyone :) We are celebrating by doing a whole lot of nothing! Ok well I did cook...Wanna know what I made?

Check out this Low Country Boil by Scissors & Spatulas. Oh my gosh, right?? I made it once before and we all really enjoyed it. So today my relatives (some of the MANY) are in town and I felt like BBQing actually but we don't have one SO i felt like this was a great summer time meal without the necessity of a grill. I figured since I have made it twice now, I ought to let others know about its tasty goodness, right?


Since my decision was so last minute, as is often typical, I found I didn't have time to drive 30 min to get the nifty crab boil season packet thing. BUT I do have these muslin spice bags that I can throw my own mixes into (they're reusable btw, so handy to have around!). So i did a quick google and found this recipe for Old Bay Seasoning (Thanks Emeril!), mixed it up and put a couple tablespoons of it into the pot to boil. Worked like a charm and had the same yummy flavor of the kind I bought. Win.


Ingredients

Emeril's Homemade Bay Seasoning:

  • 2 tablespoons chili powder
  • 2 tablespoons paprika
  • 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
  • 2 finely ground bay leaves
  • 2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon dry mustard
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed

Directions

In a large bowl, combine chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, bay leaves,oregano, salt, sugar, dry mustard, thyme, black pepper, white pepper, and coriander seed and set aside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely, tell me your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...