Thursday, December 1, 2011

Upcycling Plastic Containers



If you lived with a little old lady who was obsessed with keeping every sour cream/yogurt/margarine container (thus making EVERYTHING in the fridge look like you live on nothing but sour cream/yogurt/margarine) then you would probably start spray painting plastic containers too. 

Lets face it, she isn't going to actually stop keeping these things. And there is no amount of explaining that I can do to convince her that I would rather not because of carthinigens (however the heck you spell it) leaking into food from plastic. She can't stop me from painting the shit though, gosh dang it. (like that? trying to cut back on the swearing. nothing else was satisfying for the word "shit" there though... sorry)




Ok so this paint is pretty awesome, i have washed this containers a few times now and have yet to have a single issue with it. I would say hand wash it though, if you can. Think it's been through the dishwasher a time or two though... i am "releasing my need to control" on that one...  


The high quality lettering you see there is done with a Sharpie. Think I might rename this blog to "janky-white-trash-crafts". Come on, it's not like I have a "crickut" that I am doing schmancy stencils with. I'M POOR. Free handing and camera photos are what you get because it's what I've got. There is no point in pretending that I have the time/patience/money/space to make this look like the frickin pioneer lady.  And that's ok. If I can survive it, so can you! I believe in you!

I am doing this because people ask me "How'd you do that" and I am lazy enough that I don't want to write this three million times. Seriously people. It's efficiency. I email a link, you get an answer to your question, we're all happy little campers. And if other people get a kick out the idea, awesome. I couldn't be happier. But lets not operate under the delusion that I am ever going to be working towards being a paid professional blogger or something.  I've got other things to do. Like spray paint a bunch of plastic....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely, tell me your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...