Friday, February 10, 2012

Upcycled Toss Pillow




One of our toss pillows got a stain (oops!) 




But why toss the toss pillow (har har) when you can just upcycle it and cover the stain? Besides, Grandma's guest bedroom needs a toss pillow on the bed. So I measured out a strip of fabric...


Got my handy fabric mod podge



Coated one side and stuck it right over the stain.




Now for some cute factor! My Grandma does crochet, so I have been using random little elements of it throughout the room. I grabbed three granny squares and coated the back with the mod podge...


Stuck it right on top. Notice I gooped a lot on there because it's yarn and has lots of nooks and crannies. So to get it to really stick i put enough on there that it would seep in. 



Some corners gave me a little trouble so I used Liquid Stitch to tackle them. 





I layered like so...



And let it dry over night


Pretty!



It works out perfect and I quite happy with it. It has the main colors of the room (pink, maroon and gold) all in one, snazzy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello lovely, tell me your thoughts...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...