I found a marble lamp stand at the thrift store:
And so basically if you remove the wiring, there is already anice hole drilled down the middle for water to flow up, making a great pedestal for the base. So my first attempt, I used a plastic container painted copper, punched a hole in it and screwed it to the top. It looked good!
But as soon as you turned on the water, the weight was too much and it drooped. So sad.
So I got a new top, a jello mold. My hubby had to drill it and then we filed some grooves around the edge so the flow would go the way we wanted. Also, adding some rocks to the inside eased the pumping a bit. Success!